Why do I need a power distribution box?
Here at Rubber Box, we serve customers across a broad range of industries, from Formula 1 and other sporting industries, to broadcasting, events companies and more. One thing that all these differing sectors have in common is their shared need for power distribution boxes (or power distribution units). So, you may be asking yourself, do I need a power distribution box?
Well, if you’re running a large scale event, or using a lot of electricity to power your equipment and you want to ensure that the process is as efficient and safe as possible, then the simple answer is: yes you do.
A brief overview of power distribution boxes
Power distribution boxes are basically designed to provide an effective way to safely distribute large amounts of electricity from a single power source to other outputs and devices in a circuit. Using a power distribution box dramatically lowers the likelihood of fuses blowing, and potentially dangerous short-outs.
Essentially, you can think of them as large, professional extension leads, of sorts. Power distribution boxes also have additional built-in safety features such as Residual Current Breaker (RCBs) and Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCBs) that can protect against power overloads, fires and blown fuses. So, they’re ideal for environments where there’s a lot of power being supplied, like music festivals, weddings, and hospitality events, for example.
Why do you need a power distribution box?
If your business or company falls under any of the sectors we’ve listed just a moment ago, or you’ve got an event or job coming up that requires a large electricity supply, and you’re wondering how you can pull it off safely — you’ve come to the right place.
Using our power distribution boxes means:
- There’s no need to wire each device in the circuit directly to the power source — doing this would use more wires, and (perhaps more importantly) use more energy than necessary.
- You can eliminate the mess of crossed wires (that would be impossible to untangle), and power wastage too. This promotes organisation and energy efficiency.
- You can rely on a convenient product with unlimited potential to act as the central hub for a wide range of outputs or electrical devices.
- You can rest assured that you have a dependable product that can be tailored to your specific needs and environment.
- They can give you the ability to activate, deactivate or reboot your equipment remotely.
- They allow you to put electricity where you need it and measure the electrical usage of each outlet.
In other words, power distribution boxes are one of the most efficient ways of powering multiple items at one time, streamlining the electricity you need to power your event or facility. Here at Rubber Box, we offer bespoke power distribution boxes to our clients tailored to their specific needs, so you can be sure that the product you get is perfectly suited to your event or application.
We stock a wide range of power distribution equipment, including both our standard ranges and a variety of bespoke products. You can have a browse through our products here, or you can speak to a member of our fantastic team by giving us a call on 01282 937144.