Does your business need an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)?
When it comes to uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), as the old saying goes – it’s better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have it. If your business suffers from an event like a power cut, power outage, or surge, your electronic equipment is immediately put at risk. A UPS serves as an insurance policy, stepping in to provide vital power when you need it most. It’s there to offer continuity of output for businesses of all sizes, and we can help you with that here at Rubber box.
Our brilliant power distro boxes are designed to significantly reduce the risks posed by a power outage in your business, and our commitment to product quality and development has seen us implement new technologies into our designs like CNC machines and ultra sonic welders. Not only has this improved the quality of our boxes, but it’s also reduced costs and lead times.
So, does your business need a UPS? Let’s get into it.
What is a UPS?
As mentioned above, a UPS is essentially put in place to provide your business with a steady power supply in the event of a power outage, or serve as protection from energy spikes that can damage any mains equipment you’ve got set up in your workplace. It’s a vital piece to have in place if you want to protect your electronic equipment, infrastructure and systems; and it can be the difference between having to endure unnecessary downtime, and keeping your business productive and profitable.
What kind of businesses need a UPS?
Any business that uses mains-powered systems, servers and storage can benefit from the introduction of a UPS system. Our UPS systems are available in all kinds of sizes, from 16A power distro boxes to 400A power distro boxes, so you can be sure we’ve got the right size for the job.
When selecting one of our power distro boxes, you’ll need to ensure you pick one that’s large enough to power your systems should any outage occur.
When thinking about this, keep in mind the kind of business-critical applications that a UPS system would protect:
- Comms rooms – a UPS system can ensure that this communication hub remains operational. As a result, you’ll be able to communicate with colleagues, customers and clients, even in the event of a blackout.
- Data centres – a UPS gives you the ability to safely power down your data centre, reducing the risk of damage caused by a power surge.
- Server room – these are the centre of your business, and a UPS will ensure they’re always online, making sure your data is safe and protected.
- Food production and distribution centres – a power break could lead to a dramatic loss of perishable goods like chilled and frozen foods. A UPS enables you to enact emergency plans while your fridges/freezers are out of action.
- Manufacturing – power outages can cause delays to production and damage machinery. A UPS system enables the implementation of a safe shut down procedure.
If you prepare accordingly, and impose effective preventative measures like installing one of our power distro boxes, you can help your business to avoid suffering significant loss in the event of an unforeseen power outage or surge.
Whether you’re looking for portable power, or a fixed installation, we have the expertise and experience right here at Rubber Box to produce the highest quality electrical power distros, at the right price, in a short space of time. If you’d like to find out more, you can take a look through our listings and get a quote via our website. Or, if you’d prefer, you can give us a call on 01282 506922, or email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to see how we can help.